Dedicated servers are in high demand, as websites grow in numbers every day. Companies and major businesses are the most common users of dedicated servers, but this is changing as the internet grows and more people get connected. This is why affordable dedicated servers are needed in the market.
Competition is high and expensive hosting services are not the only option. However, the struggle to get not only affordable but also good dedicated servers is real, because hosting companies are aware of the growing need and make creations for the money without putting in much effort into making a reliable server.
This is wrong and risky because a website needs to be protected from possible threats. Only the best servers can do this. There are of course cheap servers that people have now grown to trust even though they come at low prices.
Why dedicated servers are important.
While shared hosting does not require much know-how from the user, it should be understood that some websites cannot do without a dedicated server. Especially websites for big companies. But like I said, even if you are starting out small, the vision you have might require you to get a dedicated server for long-term benefits, and because you’re starting out small, whatever hosting service you decide on should be the cheapest you can find without compromising the quality of services provided.
Some websites will automatically be subject to a lot of traffic the moment it is launched based on what it is about. As the owner, decide to make a budget for this just to be prepared. Based on this evaluation, you will know if a dedicated server is what you need and be prepared to get it.
Good dedicated servers are not easy to find. So finding a cheap one is equally stressful. Before deciding to get a low-cost server, try thinking about the disadvantages of cheap dedicated servers. There are in fact so many of advertising on the internet, some even going for as low as $10. It seems a little unrealistic to serve just one person, keeping in mind all that comes with servers, including cooling systems, AMP, bandwidth, and data center space. For all you know, the server you entrusted to host you exclusively could be using older hardware which, frankly speaking, is what could be making it so cheap in the first place. This will put your website at risk. As much as readily available hardware is important, is it really worth probable damage on your domain? Because in the long-run, It’s bound to happen considering that security is not even assured because one can never be sure what makes these dedicated servers cheap.
Even if you do decide to go for cheap dedicated hosting services, because good ones exist, find a provider that is well known. Get referrals or reviews just to get a picture of what you’re getting yourself into. Another trick would be to get them for test environments and try them out before starting off.
Advantages of dedicated servers.
- Customization – getting a dedicated server means that you can easily customize it to suit your needs. Although this is possible to do with shared hosting, it would mean that other sites would be compromised to adjust anything on your website alone.
- Security – when you have a shared hosting service, you become susceptible to security threats since you can never know who you are sharing the hosting service with. It would be easy to get hacked or cyber attack. In case a person is running illegal activities within the shared hosting, it could get everyone blacklisted. All this would be impossible for a dedicated server.
- Control – if you’re a hands-on person, dedicated service is for you because you can be able to control hosting environment.
- Unlimited resources – dedicated service works well if you have resources that need intensive applications. Also, some shared hosts limit CGI scripts, so having a dedicated server will ensure that you will not have to worry about this.
- Uptime – shared hosting can cause low performance, especially if one site is getting a lot of traffic. This means that you will suffer down time. Effective uptime is only guaranteed with dedicated servers.
- Independent IP address – unlike shared hosting where an IP address is shared by everyone using that service, a dedicated server has it’s own IP address.
- No error messages – whenever there is a high volume of traffic, database requests can cause error messages if you are on a shared hosting. This isn’t the case with a dedicated server.
What to look out for.
When you think you have found the affordable dedicated server of your choice, there are a few things to consider before making your purchase.
- Make sure your host has good uptime.
- Get an operating system that you want instead of settling for any.
- The storage needs to be big enough to suit your needs.
- Hardware on the server needs to be modern as sometimes it could be old.
- Be sure to check if the RAM is big enough.
- There should be perfect scaling from cloud or VPS.
- It should be adequate support for your business.
- Security needs to be advanced.
- Know what traffic you are expecting and make sure that the bandwidth matches.
Different websites will have different needs when it comes to hosting services, so it is safe to keep off getting a dedicated server out of recommendation from someone whose level is completely out from the reach of yours. Also do not be convinced to write off cheap dedicated servers just because of probable problems that may come with, since there are some really good suppliers. Try it out for yourself and make an independent judgment of what you think and whether you should carry on. Getting an affordable dedicated server is not hard, all you need to do is look in the right places and make a choice. Just make sure to keep off form hosts that are not well-known or accomplished. This could cause implications to your hard work later on.