As per a new data from the CyberScout and Theft Resource Identity Center, previous year business incurred a loss of approximately 500 data breaches. The intrusions account for over 45% of the total breaches that has jumped by a sharp 40% in 2016. The analysts impend, newer and more threatening vulnerabilities to penetrate the obsolete and less effective digital defense systems.
The information technology personnel should get acquainted with these potential threats, in order to, protects the information of critical companies and clients in 2017:
The Internet of Things continues to expand its horizon; as per the projections for Gartner, by the year 2020, more than half of workflows of the enterprises will heavily rely on IoT technology. While the transformation is sure to offer better opportunities, it will also have its share of security threats.
Hackers are exploring newer methods to invade web-enabled tech devices to steal valuable and sensitive data. Most of the tools feature limited protections. Companies often pass on devices that protect data in an effort to cut costs or accelerate adoption. This act minor act usually has major far-reaching implications.
The majority of the IoT devices these days are connected to a common network, if a cyber thief breaks into a mobile accessory, it will be enough to cause havoc on all critical applications.
As a prevention tactic, IT staffers and leaders should boost security defenses of their mobile and other devices, even if it means to rework on a budget. However, with IoT devices, threat mitigation and careful monitoring are the most effective strategies for avoiding external interlopers.
As per a research by Herjavec Group, the IT security firm, an estimated cost of $1 billion was incurred in 2016, owing to ransomware attacks. Ransomware is an easy-of-deploy and highly customizable threat. It is said to be a staple tool for the hackers and is effective against most of the advanced data security solutions. Although enterprises have very few options to deal with this threat, vigilance is a low-tech solution that can be utilized to prevent its attacks.
As a precaution, organizations can train its internal network users to deal and avoid phishing emails crafted by the cyber thieves. Regular backup of crucial data is also recommended to minimize the brunt of computer lockups by ransomware.
As per Data security experts, some cyber thieves may ditch the task of data mining schemes and instead indulge in attacks that are specifically designed to destroy the reputation or corporate relationships of companies. Hacktivists, tend to break into the backend systems, post defamatory content, siphon credentials or result in a breakdown of the company server.
Although the government agencies are believed to be the crucial targets of these hacktivists, more private enterprises are being targeted by them.
Business firms should be careful whilst monitoring web traffic and should also block out illegal visitors from their websites. The internal IT should be well equipped to mitigate the impending threats on the server system and in an event, when the hacktivists manage to break into the servers, they should be prepared for some intensive damage control.
Organizations should be wise about the infrastructure that handles their data storage and processing activities. If they stumble upon any kind of loophole in their system they should take immediate steps to secure their networks.
The experts at ServerBundle offer the organizations with well-managed cloud environment that are also equipped with robust security choices. Firewall, 24-hour monitoring, automated DDoS mitigation and endpoint protection are some of the security options that are offered by ServerBundle.
In such scary circumstances, you can only survive if you are taking all security measures in consideration. Hence, the managed dedicated servers are needed to tightening the online security.
Pros and Cons of Dedicated Server Hosting
Hosting for the business you own demands a very wise decision. The world is living online and to sustain in this fast developing online world it is really important that you choose the right server hosting for your online business. When you have the best possible website for your business your part of imposing a lasting impression is already done.
Choosing the right hosting allows your website to be accessible at all times. Dedicated server hosting is the solution for the dilemma you face while choosing the right hosting. Nearly all of the successful business websites chose dedicated server hosting over the other types. It is capable of handling a large traffic and provides a better accessibility and uptime. We will chalk down some advantages and disadvantages of dedicated server hosting so that you don’t stress while you choose.
You will never have to compromise on the performance and reliability. Dedicated server hosting offers one with unlimited bandwidth and disk space. Along with that the information and media those are accessed, stored and shared on your website remains completely under your control. Dedicated server hosting also guarantees speed and accessibility offering the website visitors the best experience in terms of accessing all the pages of your website more quickly.
Dedicated Server Hosting undoubtedly offers a far better level of security than the other hosting types such as VPS, cloud server hosting or shared hosting. While you sign up for a dedicated server hosting you can be certain that all the resources on that specific server belong to you and only you making it much more secure that servers shared by different businesses.
Shared hosting holds a major drawback and that is the inability to access certain features even by the website owners. The host restricts any owner from accessing those specific features. Dedicated Server Hosting seems more legit in this case. It offers the website owners with flexibility and greater control. When you don’t have to share the server with anyone you have the power to access any part of the server without any restrictions. This allows more flexibility and growth to your business.
Along with all of these, a dedicated server hosting also provides the business the room to grow by offering the required additional space minus the fuss of migrating to a new server every single time.
The primary conflict one encounter while choosing dedicated server hosting over shared hosting is the pocket pinch. Dedicated Server Hosting is much more expensive than shared or any other type of hosting and the expenses to be covered for setting up, maintaining and repairing a dedicated server becomes a matter of concern for the website owners.
Technical Knowledge also plays an important role while one chooses a dedicated server hosting, IP routing, Server mechanisms and MX record are among the few of all the extensive networking knowledge and skills one require to establish and manage a website on a dedicated server. It can be tedious job fixing a dedicated server if it crashes, but that does not happen usually
Opting for a dedicated server is promising if the website attracts a lot of traffic, but if the website is new it is advisable to opt for shared hosting or cloud server hosting for the time being.
Know the steps to start a blog
The importance of a blog website is felt more than ever in the recent years. Quite often people want to start a blog website right away but face the lack of knowledge required to start. This article will enlighten you of the step by step processes you require to start a WordPress blog even if you are not a geeky type. You don’t have to be very technically sound in order to start off with a WordPress Blog and anyone from age 20 to age 60 can literally start off with zero technical knowledge. Let’s look into the most basic steps you need to understand while you plan to start.
Steps for staring a Blog with WordPress
- Opt for WordPress.org: As this is the self-hosted WordPress. In this, you get the services free of cost, have the authority to install plugins customize the site’s designs and even earn money without any restrictions. After this, you will have to do the set up yourself and host it yourself as well. Domain name and web hosting are the mandatory steps that follow. Domain name is what the people type to find your website on the internet. It’s basically a name for your website, the only catch is it has to be unique. Two websites with same domain names cannot exist. Web Hosting is the house of your website on the internet. Every website requires hosting.
- Install WordPress: After you have successfully got your domain name and have hosted your website through platforms like Bluehost.com which provides server hosting services install the WordPress. Following installation and some check boxes, you will be required to enter your site name, username, and password. Wait for the success notice on top of the screen and once you get it you have successfully created your free WordPress blogging website.
- WordPress themes: Following the completion, you will be required to choose a WordPress theme. The visual appeal completely depends on the theme you choose for your blog site. Go to the WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance and then Themes. You will be welcomed to the exciting world of captivating themes, both paid and free. Choose your theme as per your preference from over 4100 free themes available. Choose the theme, hit the install button wait for installation and then click on activate button. You are all ready to go, you can also customize the selected theme in the in the customize link under the Appearance menu.
- Start your First Post: Write your first blog post by simply “Posts” button in your WordPress dashboard followed by the “Add New” button. After completion hit the “Publish” button and your post is live on the internet. Organize the posts by using “Categories” and “Tags” selection to give it a more professional look.
- Plug-Ins and Customization: Following your first blog post you probably feel the need of adding other important information on the page like About us page, Contact Form and more.You need the WordPress plugin for these features. Install the WordPress plugins from over the 46000 choices available and you are all set with your new, completed Blogging website created totally free of cost with WordPress